Monday, July 28, 2008

Grey Days

Hello, my lovely readers! What has been going on this week, you ask? Let's see ...
  • Rain, drizzle, overcast skies, and more of the same. The sun came out for about 20 minutes last Thursday, so the dogs and I promptly ran outside for a nice walk. It was raining again by the time we got home. The optimist in me says that those 20 minutes are better than nothing. The pessimist in me says that if I don't see the sun again soon, I'm going to cut somebody.
  • Work. I start tomorrow. Wish me luck!
  • High-brow cinema. The Dunedin Film Festival began Friday, and it could not have come at a better time, weather-wise. Chris and I each bought a pass and spent Saturday and Sunday afternoon holed up in the movie theatre.
Before we sign off, let's wish a very happy birthday to devoted readers Laura, who celebrates today, and Kristina, who celebrated while we were still in Tokyo. You keep getting better with age, you fine ladies!

No comments: