Saturday, October 25, 2008

Meet The Wee One!

As promised, here is a first look at Baby F., or as s/he is currently known, "The Wee One." We thought it was kind of funny that ultrasound technician kept referring to the baby as "The Wee One" ("... and there's The Wee One's arm ... and there's The Wee One's bladder ...") but it's really grown on me. I think it fits for now. It sounds much nicer than "Baby," or "It," or, as Chris suggested, "Alien Robot Shrimp."

Here's the side view at 13 weeks


Compare it to the view at 8 weeks. Pretty amazing how much s/he has grown in just over a month.


Back to 13 weeks. You can actually see a face!!! (Though perhaps this helps you understand where the"Alien Robot Shrimp" moniker came from.)


Good looking kid, but then again that's no surprise ...

3 comments:

Lola said...

perhaps you can give s/he the cute nickname "shrimp" so that the first attempt at a name is never forgotten...

Katie K said...

Oh wow! Exciting stuff!
Regarding the post below, I love the way you told Chris- were his co-workers around? lol!

We are SO excited for you. And, if you're in need of a nanny this summer, let me know:) I'm available all summer and need a job! I'm pretty good with kids you know:)- I'll have the baby talking and reading by August I promise....

Anonymous said...

what an adorable alien robot shrimp!! the copp kids will be very excited to have a "wee" fonnesbeck friend!! can't wait to find out if you're having a shrimp or a shrimpette...