Monday, February 25, 2008

This is my blog.

My friend Emily told me I should start a blog to document our new life in New Zealand. It would be funny, she said. I pointed out that the World Wide Web is quite dangerous and some crazy axe murderer could find my blog, become infatuated with me (hey, it could happen), hunt me down, and hack me into a million little bits. Emily did not seem concerned. She is from New Jersey and rather intimidating for a real estate attorney, so here I am. Blogging. (Incidentally, I also just got a MySpace account, so I am officially one of those freaks who documents their whole lives online.)

Chris is already in New Zealand and taught his first class today. We have been able to talk on the phone or IM every day, and each time I talk to him he seems to be hanging out with people from his work. So maybe we will have friends, after all, and I won't just spend all of my free time in a dark room, eating chips and blogging.



Let's hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! My friend Shana, the blogger. There are lots of things worse than sitting in a dark room eating chips and blogging. I think. Where are those promised house pics?

kadfoto said...

Just found your blog. My boyfriend and I were talking about moving to New Zealand. VERY early stages. Anyhow, I have a feeling I will enjoy reading through your blog, while I learn a bit about NZ.

Happy Holidays!